EWA Connect Quick User Guide
How to Upload a Profile Picture
To upload or change the profile picture, there are two options:
● Click on the current profile picture, or
● Click on the My Account drop down menu and select My Profile.
● Next, click on the green pencil on right side of the current picture.
● Click on Choose File, which will open the search file manager in your device.
● Select a picture and press Upload.
● Use the slider to zoom in and out of the picture and drag the picture to center it.
● Select Crop or No Thanks if you do not wish to crop the picture.
How To Update Profile Information
Update your summary and profile picture. Select Update Profile. This will open Account settings, with several tabs:
● Under Accounts, update your email, password, time zone or location. Remember to Save Changes.
● Under Personal, change the Background image, add the RSS feed to a personal blog, or write a short description about yourself and your interests. Save Changes.
● Under Professional, update job position, company name, certifications, and job history. Add social media handles (link to personal profiles) for Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. Remember to Save.
● Under Notifications, you can opt in/out of receiving emails and notifications. Save.
How to Import Linkedin Profile
You can import your LinkedIn profile.
● Under My Profile, select Import profile
● Select the platform of the profile to import, LinkedIn, Google or Twitter.
● After making a selection, the next window will prompt a login using the credentials for respective profile.
● Check items to import.
How to Post a Discussion
Posting discussions is the primary form of communication in the community.
● On the left hand menu under My Account, select Post a New Discussion.
● A new form will open. The fields may be filled out as follows:
● The first drop down is to select which group to post the discussion to.
● The second line is for the subject of the message.
● The middle box is to provide the details of the post
● Attach a picture or file from your computer or device.
● Click Post to submit the discussion.
If you prefer participating by email only, you need not ever login to EWA Connect if you are happy with your account default settings. You can start any new discussion by emailing:
OpenForum@Connect.EnterpriseWireless.org (you are a member of this group already)
FCCLicencing@Connect.EnterpriseWireless.org (you must join this group first)
How to Send a Private Message
You can easily send private messages to one or more contacts if you don’t want to post a discussion to one of your groups.
● Look under My Account, in the left menu. Click on My Messages. Select Compose Message.
• The first field is for the subject line of the message.
• For the contact name, start typing the first few letters of the name and the field will begin to populate with matches.
• In the body of the message include the details of the message.
• Attach files
• Click Send Message.
How to Find and Join Groups
Finding and joining groups allows you to have discussions about topics of interest, or participate in the purpose of the group.
● On the left hand menu, under My Group Pages, select My Groups.
● See the list of the groups you belong to.
● Simply click on the group name and it will take you to its homepage.
Navigate the Group Homepage
Each Group has its own Homepage that contains Discussions, Member Roster, Resources, Links, News, and more.
● You can see the information of the group on its main page.
● You can post a new discussion, e-mail the group, or see its website.
● You can also see its Mission and Vision statements or information about the group, including its social media buttons.
Join a New Group
After finding groups you may want to join one. If there is an approval process, you can Request to Join. If you have access rights you can join immediately.
● There may be subgroups or other groups of interest. To find other groups, click Find Groups to Join on the left menu.
● Search through the groups and choose Request to Join or Join Group to have access to more resources.