EWA Connect is an online community for members in good standing of the Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA). The goal of EWA Connect is to provide a forum to share resources, ask questions, and seek advice on issues related to the land mobile radio industry. This online community is a benefit of membership provided by EWA.
Please review the etiquette and code of conduct.
If you have questions, suggestions or problems using EWA Connect, please contact the EWA Membership department at membership@EnterpriseWireless.org or 703-797-5103.
EWA hopes that EWA Connect will become a valuable medium for correspondence and knowledge sharing among members. To that end, we urge all Connect users to practice the following:
- Be kind and professional. Differences of opinions can make for educational and productive posts in EWA Connect. We know there will be some “hot-button” issues and encourage users to discuss them. When in doubt, take the high road and keep the conversation professional.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your post and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Research before posting a question as it may have been answered already.
- Only send a message to the entire community when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals – not to the entire community.
- Use the appropriate forum for your topic. If applicable, you can also cross post your discussion to another forum.
- When citing discussions, please include a link back to the original discussion or to the Connect homepage.
- Include your name and who you work for when posting. Use a real photo rather than a logo for your profile picture.
- Share politics on another platform. We understand that politics are hotly debated in social media but keep in mind that members are coming to Connect for guidance and support on land mobile radio issues. Please don’t create political posts that are partisan or contain vitriol. If you choose to talk about politics please clearly state how these issues are affecting the LMR industry, or the post or comment may be removed.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Don’t post defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Report illegal or inappropriate postings to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-797-5103.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the community.” All emails from EWA Connect contain a link to manage group subscriptions from a single page. You may also go to your Profile/Notifications tab in Connect to manage this your email preferences.
- If your email address has changed, update it in your Cevo account. You cannot update your email address or password in Connect.
- Share your thoughts with us…. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service to you and welcome all constructive feedback at email@example.com.
Code of Conduct
EWA wants to protect the rights of community users, to comply with copyright and other regulations, and to prevent violations of the law. Participation in EWA Connect is a privilege. Participants in EWA Connect agree to the following terms and conditions. Violations of these terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of your participation privileges.
- Participants may not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, commercial, or illegal materials.
- Participants may not post information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. Participants will not use or incorporate the trademarks or other intellectual property of third parties when posting material to EWA Connect unless the participant first obtains the consent of the owner of the applicable trademark or other material.
- By posting material, you grant EWA and users of EWA Connect the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and otherwise use such information or other material on a complimentary basis.
- Personal or commercial messages are not permitted on EWA Connect. This includes, but is not limited to, posting advertisements or solicitations for products, services, or events.
- Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Anonymous messages are not permitted. Messages lacking appropriate participant identification will be removed as soon as EWA learns of the posting.
- The EWA Connect member posting material to the community is entirely responsible for the posted content. EWA staff does not independently undertake editorial control of postings but does monitor EWA Connect for inappropriate postings. EWA reserves the right to take appropriate action for inappropriate postings or other violations of this code of conduct, including refusal to post, removal of any material, and/or restriction or exclusion of any individual from further use of EWA Connect.
- EWA reserves the right to update, revise, and/or supplement these terms at any time. Disclaimer EWA Connect is provided as a service of the Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA). EWA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. EWA disclaims all warranties regarding information posted on this site. In no event shall EWA be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.